Just like every other year 2015 has zoomed by and 2016 is literally standing at the door with her luggage ready to move into our lives.
Cutting to the chase, here are 10 of my favorite posts from 2015. Now, this may be a lot to read–ok, it is–so, even though I love to think that y’all love this here writing stuff of mine so much you’ll read it all in one swoop (ha!) I know y’all have busy lives. Please feel free to read it at your leisure (pr: leeehh-juure). Perhaps while you’re waiting for the ball to drop and some random singing group is performing and you have no idea who these folks are so you’re looking for something to pass the time and think to yourself, Self: what awesomeness has Crystal slung this time? No? Too much? Fishsticks.
Okay. Back to the cutting of the chase…
10. This one is actually from my early blogger days that I recycled in January. I convinced Mike to do Bikram Yoga with me and learned rather quickly that Bikram means Hell in Yoganese.
9. Valentine’s Day doesn’t always shower everyone with love. If you happen to be one of the lovely ladies who’s kinda-sorta-in-between relationship limbo and you’d like nothing better than to choke the stuffins out of a fuzzy pink bear…breathe…here’s how to survive Love Day.
8. Sometimes we need reminders that not all of our enemies are “out there”. Sometimes she’s staring at us in the mirror.
7. The time I had the urge to sew a slipcover for my loveseat. For the first time. Like, ever. Imagine me at my kitchen table surrounded by mounds and miles of drop cloth sewing into the wee hours like a crazy person. Because crazy would be accurate. Don’t look too closely at that picture. Dang it! I told you NOT to look.
6. Once upon a time I was in an unhealthy relationship. My leaving led me to my now husband. Here’s where I decided to share the little nuggets I learned from that round of foolishness and nonsense–er, I meant situation. Jokes, y’all…jokes. (psst…If you want to read all 4 posts click Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4. But, if you don’t have the time or you want to look at the entire post, click the picture below to go to the pdf download)
Still with me? Well, I wasn’t. Here is where I was grooving along only to find out I had skipped over my number 5 and had to add it back in.
5. At some point I had fallen–we fall down, but we get up…get back up again, for a saint is just a sinner–wait, where was I? Right…fallen prey to a bad case of Funkytudenosis. I was one uninspired humdrum. Here’s how I snapped myself out of my own funk. Read Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, and Day 5. OR, click on the pic for the pdf download.
4. Sometimes you just have to let folks know how you feel about certain thangs. NOT that they personally solicited you for your opinion (who does in these internet streets?), it’s just that you need to give ’em your Too Sense. (<<Like that?) #4 on my list of faves is about Serena Williams. ‘Cause she slings awesomeness like only she can.
3. Continuing with the whole letting folks know how you feel, here’s a post about being my sistah’s keeper. And I meant. Every. Word.
2. Okay. Anyone with kids knows some days are a battle zone for no good reason other than you dared to have offspring. Enter X-Mom. Read on to find out what happened with Milani and the Battle of the Spaghetti.
And finally (drum roll and noise makers please…okay stop…stop…STAHHHHPPP!)…
1. My absolute fave post–well, posts–from 2015 were actually not blog posts, but videos from our YouTube channel: Mama’s Girls. If I can get my techy duckies in a row I’ll add it to this site. Nyah had said several times over the year that we needed to start a YouTube channel (Me: Don’t nobody wanna see that. But, apparently, she thinks I’m THAT funny. *shrug* Who knew?) Since the life of a teen these days actually revolves around video posts I finally gave in on a whim. It’s definitely still a work in progress, but enjoy these 3 videos of me and the gang.
Jogging with a Jogger Stroller—How you think you look vs how you really look
Love Ever After—The man who makes me all twitterpated every single day.
And my favorite of my favorite posts:
Walking In Heels—It ain’t for everybody.
Whelp! That’s it for my year of posts. I wish you a sweet, wonderful, ooey-gooey, make your heart sing, your feet dance, and your body wiggle, don’t stop ’til you get enough ’cause you gotta shake your groove thang ’cause you in da club and it’s your birthday and they ain’t ready for the awesomeness you’re about to unleash ’cause you about yo life kind of joy in 2016!!